Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hunting in LA, free cars, and Musical Couches

Got to LA with a whole skin. We dropped off the OJ at the yard, and I learned new hunting skills, the capture of an empty Prime INC trailer on a Saturday night. This required stalking two drop yards, a warehouse, and another companies terminal. Once found we had to sit, and sit some more awaiting a load for Sunday afternoon. This one is ironic, we were assigned a load of bell peppers and green beans, fresh, being shipped from a Wal-Mart warehouse to another Wal-Mart ware house by Reno NV. To easy right? The next morning it was all going smoothly for a Walmart (warning bells). Well Wal-Mart in Reno rejects half the load! Because they intended to place the peppers in California stores, and the peppers were not "good enough" for California ( and they were grown in California) LOL. Those peppers must have been known to the State of California to cause cancer or something. We sold them to a produce company downtown Reno.
Then we drove over Donner to Chico CA, picked up freight, and I go to see my Tio, Mom and Dad. then headed back to LA dropped the load. But did not have to hunt for an empty there were plenty of them in the yard. So we sat again, and sat some more. All the while my trainer is getting steamed- he was due to go home for his home time (hadnt had that in three months he said). After waiting all morning and afternoon for a load, we finally get one late in the afternoon. BUT it was not to be picked up until the next evening! Trainer was fit to be tied, we dropped empty trailer in yard and bobtailed to Phoenix- his home. Where I am now stuck for five days.
I called my cousin, and he pawned me off to another cousin, and yet another cousin is to pick me up tomorrow. I call it musical couches. I am looking at renting a car in the morning and driving to Colorado. We shall see.
Wife called today, and the Lord continues to remind me that I am not the PS 77 Psalmist. A couple who have purchased some vehicles, gave their current ones away! One to us! and the other to another Pastor.


No comments:

Post a Comment