Monday, May 16, 2011

Baked Beans, Seminary, To be or Not to be, and Weddings

After Sin City we headed over to Kingman AZ where we swapped our empty trailer for a loaded one headed back to Tennessee. It was full of Amys Vegetarian nukables. The delivery location was Smyrna TN, where the Bean was baked (Bean is my daughters nick name). My wife lived there while pregnant with the Bean, staying at her sisters place when we were figuring out our married lives.
God has been badgering me about my last 6 Credits of 96 for the Seminary.I was supposed to have them completed this may. I called them up and they gracefully are allowing me to extend again until August.My  mother will now have more fuel to torment me on the issue LOL.
My nephew asked me to conduct his wedding. He is already living with her and they have a child together. So of course I would be more than happy to make it official and morally right, the sooner the better. Absolutly. He asked before I started with Prime INC. So I did make dispatch and trainer aware. Before getting on the truck.
However there has been some misunderstanding, since my trainer is a leassor he can direct where the truck goes. So I let him know that I needed to pickup a suit and Bibles prior to the wedding. He will drop me off the morning of the wedding and pick me up when its over. He didn't let the dispatcher know, thinking I has already arranged it. And I didnt let dispatch know thinking it would be inappropriate to try to direct the truck. I kept getting more and more anxious with each load the last two weeks, because they were NOT going through my house. So when we were there in Smyrna, we got a load to SF area in Cali. And routing is his thing since he pays the fuel costs. So I have been anxious for those two to route us to the house. So I was upset when we ran 40 to SF instead of 70/50. 75 more miles. I didn't sleep well coming up to Flagstaff, thinking trainer might drop down to Phoenix adding 200 mi to trip. He would be home. And Nephews wedding potentially botched. So I was prepared to get a bus ticket from phoenix. But he stayed on 40. We sitt now in Tracy CA awaiting to get unloaded, and I trust that dispatch will have me in and thru the house before next Sabbath, the day of the wedding!

1 comment:

  1. I hope we get to see you on more than just that Sabbath. I'm thinking Wednesday through Sabbath. Yay! Doubtful, but hopeful. Guess that would botch pay however. ANYWAY...glad you and Justin got things figured out for now. Must be hard always being away from the ones who love and cherish you. If only Justin thought you were as amazing as we do. ha ha

    ReplyDelete