Friday, May 20, 2011

Sabbath, Forks, and Matrimony

If you are reading this, then you are observant enough to notice the change in title. When I was finishing my training at Sage I had applied with a Farm and Ranch supplier/manufacturer that fabricates, transports, and distributes what they make. They make stock tanks, fencing, pole corrals, and various other ranch equipment. They then sell and transport these goods to various locations. They were perfect for me, as I could consistently count on Sabbath observation, apparently the way they run the trucks is perfect for it. I was turned down for a lack of experience over the road. However the gentleman with whom I transacted with, stayed in contact with me since. Thursday, he informs me that the company will be buying 10 new tractors to add to their fleet (I learned today that in December, 9 tractors had burned in a building in Iowa). He has kept up with my Prime time, and wanted to see if I would be available to work for them in September.

 I told him that I was still interested. Since I was coming to Denver to conduct my nephews wedding, I figured it was a perfect time to stop in at HW, as they are just a few miles from the Prime terminal. So I stop in and he gives me the tour, explaining different aspects of the company to me. He introduces me to several key personnel. One particular person, is the one who said I would need a year or more of experience, which resulted in my application to Prime INC. He has been with the company since Noah got off the Ark. He grilled me, I thought he was just getting to know me, they way western folk do. It wound up as an Interview. When I told him that I was finishing Prime's training regimen in a few weeks. He offered to hire me for Monday, August, or whenever I finished a lease with Prime. But advised against the lease, lot or work and not return. He has one tractor and he was wanting to put me in it!

This surprised everyone at the company. Threw me for a loop, as well as the gentleman I had been dealing with. So, Monday morning I start at Hutchinson Western, pending a test drive of course, I am not worried there. My trainer at Prime has often stated that I am a good driver, including this afternoon when I informed him that he would NOT be picking me up in Denver to finish my training.

So God pulled another fast one on me. He is good at that. Praise Him for His guidance.

Tomorrow I will officiate the wedding, I finally got to sit down and discuss, the issues with them and got a better warm and fuzzy. I pray that God will bless them, and care for them. And I hope they look to Him to be their glue.

Happy Sabbath

1 comment:

  1. Babe, God is great at pulling fast ones isn't He? I know you were not expecting this at all, but looks like God was watching all along. You've had enough training. He kept you un-busy for many Sabbath's, but it was time for Him to show off a bit. Now you can keep Sabbath and He is blessing you.

    A lot less money, but Sabbath observance and home time. It is well worth it. Cannot wait to start on yet another adventure with you.

    ReplyDelete