Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Floods, weekends and dealers

The last couple of weeks have been a blast. The first week I stayed in a motel in Denver and drove 500 MI a day that first week, returning to Denver in the evening. Then took the weekend off :). The second week was a run to Idaho, drop off ranch equipment to several locations, then pickup some lumber in Princeton Idaho and burn the blacktop for Iowa and back to Denver. Once in Denver, I flew into my pick up and zipped up to the tunnel, over Vail, through Glenwood to home, it was way to late when I woke up to make it to church!! My sisters were supposed to have green chili awaiting, but I grilled instead.

This week we dropped off the load in Oregon, buzzed through Walla Walla, and I now sit waiting to load lumber in the morning, bound once again for Iowa. We rolled through the Colorado, Wyoming, and Idaho Scales without trouble. But I roll into the Oregon scale and they declare that I am 1500 LBS to heavy! The officer didn't give me an expensive ticket, but I still take a hit on my CSA record for a violation :( Grrrr!!! I am working on being an outlaw now.

The west is absolutely gorgeous with all the rain, although a bit muggy looking with all the Arizona smoke. I haven't seen this much green in western country side since I was a kid! The down side is horrifying, the rivers are out of their banks, very upsetting for a fly-fisherman.  The Colorado River has covered a couple of parks in Grand Junction and the bike path in Glenwood is under. The snake looks threatening, as it churns menacingly. Although I saw many people out fishing in its in Lewiston, ID / Clarkston WA. There are several "dry" rivers in Wyoming that haven't seen water in decades, that are out their banks as well!

The Missouri has Sioux City under in many places.

The feller that is showing me the ropes of flatbedding is a good ol boy who was a metal head in the 80s! LOL. He is a Marine, so we get along for the most part, as much as a jarhead and grunt can :).

I bought a new truck (F350, 4x4, king cab, flatbed, powerstroke) but there was trouble with it the next day so thank God for USAA, who towed to Grand Junction from Glenwood, and dropped it off back at the dealership. They are "fixing" it. I think I will retreive my money and seek a greener pasture.

Well my eyeballs are threating evil intentions to me if I do not pay them any mind soon.

Be a Blessing

No comments:

Post a Comment